sheerdetermination

Do you have a IKEA Pax? What would you recommend hinged or sliding doo

I would like to install a IKEA Pax wardrobe in my DD (6) bedroom. The room is 4.6m by 2.6. The wall where the wardrobe will go is is almost 4m tall(!!) I have a maximum of 3.2m across to play with. Obviously DD doesn't need 3m of wardrobe but I figure a narrow wardrobe would be dwarfed by the large wall and we can use the wardrobe for storing other things.
I'm considering installing one of the following options and would greatly appreciate your opinion.

Option 1- 2 100cm frames with 2 sliding doors
Option 2- 2 100cm frames with 4 hinged doors
Option 3 - 4 75cm frames with 4 sliding doors
Option 4 - 2 100cm frames, 1 on either side with a dresser and shelves between. This option has to be hinged doors. And the dresser can't be a desk as there is not enough space. Her desk will be on the opposite wall.

I would have loved to have 2 wardrobes with sliding doors with a decent sized desk in between but the wall isn't long enough.
The photos below show 3 boxes against the wall, each are 1m wide. The blue tape on the wall, shows how high and wide a 2m or 3 metres of Pax wardrobe would be. The carpet is being replaced in a similar colour this week.
Buying the frames now and deciding on the type of doors later on is not an option, as the frames for each are different. Also the frames and doors are so long I will need to have them delivered and would rather only pay 1 delivery fee.
So which option would you recommend? Your advice will be greatly appreciated! :)

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.