persqm

Interior Design by Door near Staircase Solutions!

PerSqM
8 years ago
Hello!

We have the attached area being built as part of our renovation. Putting aside any major design changes (as what is shown is there for various reasons too detailed to bore you with!), we have more of an interior design question:

In the attached photo, the furthest away door on the left (ie by the end of the staircase), is actually a door to a large formal sitting room. However of course somewhat perversely the entry way is at the end of a tighter corridor and by the eaves of the stairs.

As you can see in photo, there is sufficient headroom (the man image is 1.8m) although corridor is not very wide (c. 95cm - each tile is 40cm).

How could we make the entry to the main formal sitting room look more 'grand' in the situation that the door is actually positioned in the most 'hidden' corner of the house? The staircase will probably be a standard traditional one, we are not really keen on very contemporary glass/metal styles nor on the type that show the bottom of the treads in a funky zig-zag! Realise both those option would allow more light and wall space to be seen, but unfortunately not really to our taste or how the house will look elsewhere.

We will probably have a large hanging pendant light from the 1st floor ceiling down towards the middle of corridor by second door.

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.