0
Your shopping basket is empty.

Bathroom Tiles - Black or White?

GoWallpaper.co.uk
8 March, 2016
last modified: 20 April, 2016

Creating a fresh new look in the bathroom without breaking the budget. So which would you choose?

Black
White
Other
    BigBathroomShop

Black certainly makes a statement!

GoWallpaper.co.uk thanked BigBathroomShop
    GoWallpaper.co.uk

It does have quite a glamourous look about it.

• Ocean Clarke

Definitely black - easy to keep clean and look great beside sharp modern accessories.

GoWallpaper.co.uk thanked Ocean Clarke
    Reptile

Why not go for black and white - more decorative tiles don't have to break the bank either.

GoWallpaper.co.uk thanked Reptile
    Rachel Reynolds

Black with glitter is striking!

GoWallpaper.co.uk thanked Rachel Reynolds
    The Douglas Watson Studio Ltd

I love light and feelings of spaciousness.

GoWallpaper.co.uk thanked The Douglas Watson Studio Ltd
    GoWallpaper.co.uk

Thanks Douglas Watson Studio - I agree and think both colours are good at providing that feeling.

• Nicholas John

I think its very subjective I like black in bathrooms but then I like white sanitary ware and white interiors.

GoWallpaper.co.uk thanked Nicholas John
    Tiles Away

We find that both are incredibly popular and can create a great look when used together!

The Douglas Watson Studio Ltd

Black looks good when new and un-used, but you need soft water, or the deposits from hard water will soon spoil the look.

MS Joinery London Ltd

the light colours always look good

Harkin Design

Depends on client preference, personality and style!

High Profile Solution

White tiles in a bathroom give that idea of space even though most bathrooms are small, there is also the cleanlook

@ architect ltd

Although I particularly like those sparkly black tiles, and I do agree, sometimes black can give a glamorous feel to a room, I feel as though an all-black bathroom would make it feel significantly smaller, which is why I chose white. White can open up a room a little better, giving the impression that the room is a little bigger (despite being a nightmare when it comes to showing dirt).

This bathroom we designed is mainly white with hints of black like the bathtub and a feature wall: the best of both worlds.

GoWallpaper.co.uk thanked @ architect ltd
    Tribeca Plumbing

Definitely the white, especially good to make smaller bathrooms appear larger than they are.

• lisa77226
    I always find it hard to see in dark tiled bathrooms and it's the room you really want to see properly in. For that reason my vote is for white.
    Boyden Tiles & Bathrooms

I would say the white, especially if you have a small bathroom as it will make it feel a bigger and lighter.

• Khaled Aifanoo
    Black if it's big bathroom
    It would make it royal
    White for small bathroom to give impression its huge
    GoWallpaper.co.uk thanked Spencer Weston (Project Management) Limited
  • wallielo

id go for black and white. or maybe white with a black border?? love the glitter in the black ones

Isidora Markovic

White is classic, but black is bolder and sleeker.

GoWallpaper.co.uk thanked Isidora Markovic