victos

fears and fantasies

victos
8 years ago
Hi all,

I am stressing over plans to redesign my downstairs I would love to have a kitchen/dinner with room for a drums too but I am fearful it won't all fit in without looking overwhelmed.

I also want to extend my small loo into a larger bathroom with shower but have concerns about the impact on the garage space into which I intend to extend.

I am also imagining that the, as the property is link detached, no windows to the right, and only a side door to the left, with very little light, that the kitchen/dinner would be dark, although I do intend to use a roof lantern over the area currently marked kitchen as it is covered by a flat roof.

I would love to hear from anyone regarding these plans and have attached a, albeit rudimentary, sketch of the ideas so far. Yellow to go, blue is new.

Thank you in advance for any advice, thoughts and feelings.

Thanks
Kind regards
Sarah

Comments (6)

• Jonathan
    8 years ago
    Kitchen diner seems fine but not sure about the bathroom. Instead of taking down the wall why not just cut the garage in half and use the back half as bathroom
  • PRO
    Renovation Management by Bastani Consultants
    8 years ago

I would think twice before extending the WC into the garage. A garage is an asset when it comes to resale. There are no dimensions on your plans, so it makes it difficult to advise, however, I would consider extending the WC into a small portion of what is currently the breakfast room or the utility.

• PRO
    OnePlan
    8 years ago
    As the house is linked, then a sound proofed area for drum practice might be a good option to consider.
  • tamp75
    8 years ago
    I think the kitchen diner area is ok although, if you're concerned about light levels, I would def consider having double glazed doors to the lounge where you've marked on a wall. Could you use the left hand side of the utility as a shower room, bringing the wall in line with the wall of the garage which would still give you outdoor access through the utility.
  • victos
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Thanks so much for your comments. Lots to think about there. Thanks
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.