vineetajmani

Colour for exterior windows and uPVC or Alluminium

vineetajmani
8 years ago

Hello,

We are doing complete refurbishment of our 3 bed end of terrace house along with loft conversion and single story extension at the back for new kitchen .

We are planning to get all existing windows and exterior door changed at the same time , but we are confused with colour and type of windows . I quite like Anthracite for new picture window , Lantern and Patio door in Kitchen but thinking may be we can change all our windows with Anthracite .

We are in a small cul-de-sac of 12 houses and everyone else has white windows so I am not sure if we should change everything to a different color.

Also we are under flight path so looking for better sound insulated windows with Acoustic glass but not sure if Aluminum or uPVC will be better ? uPVC are cheaper but I think if we go with Anthracite then it will look better on Aluminum but question is Aluminum is good for sound insulation ?

Attaching few photos of my house with one of the which has scaffolding on .

Thanks in advance for any valuable suggestions !

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.