hzdeleted_30845024

Blank canvas bedroom

User
8 years ago
It's a bit of a blank canvas but feels quite cool as its north facing

I also need some bookshelves and a workspace and maybe some storage for random junk I own too as I am living with parents
I was thinking of a floating desk as I don't want the room too cluttered

I need more clothes storage too so I'm thinking of getting a large two door sliding wardrobe (not built in).

I don't like any of the current furniture except maybe my bed as it has really great storage but I was thinking of making some sort of headboard feature as the room is so modern and featureless!

I'm thinking of layering net curtains over the blinds but the windows touch the ceiling so I don't know how that would work?

Wire randomly popping out of ceiling to one side of room (strange builders who also put the lights up very off centre in the ceiling) which I could use to create a lighting feature?

In terms of style, I really like industrial elements like Edison bulbs and was thinking of some sort of hanging light above a bedside table sort of thing?

Im considering going dark on the walls, I do get some light because it's a relatively small room and the windows are quite big. The only thing is I spend a lot of time in my room in the day too working, reading, with friends etc. and don't know how it might feel in the day. Possibly a dark warmer grey. With burnt orange and mustard accents?
Or a warm dark colour on the walls

I'd like advice on paint colours, layout what to do with that wire poking out the ceiling and anything else really.

Any ideas are really appreciated

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.