clairetaz09

What is the best brand of floor paint and lacquer

clairetaz09
8 years ago
I'm a lurker so have been following lots of conversations for inspiration for some time but this is my first post! We are refurbishing our 60s semi and have pine tongue and groove floorboards upstairs which we are keen to paint white - our builder is going to sand and prep them for us but we will paint ourselves. We have had plenty of advice to avoid white paint due to scratch marks, paint chipping when furniture on it etc which has made me worried. We have time and space to move rooms between painting so can allow a room to fully dry for weeks before using it if necessary but I'm keen to know what is the best brand of floor paint to use or any alternative solutions that can be recommended for the same 'block colour' finish.

I was opting for F&B floor paint and using with their primer but have heard horror stories - anyone used this or had any good experiences with other brands? Will be in a high traffic area as well as bedrooms so I'm keen for a hard wearing finish. Also has anyone had any experience of finishing painted floors with a lacquer/sealant that doesn't yellow? Can you even use this on a painted floor? I'm currently looking at Bona Traffic HD but not sure if that would be appropriate. Basically, any advice appreciated as our first time dealing with floorboards and I'm keen to paint rather than stain!

If all else fails, I'll dump a carpet over it all but very keen to avoid this contingency plan!!!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.