joforey

Before and after: dated small kitchen completely overhauled

J F
8 years ago
After 2 years in this kitchen with a sink squeezed into a tiny lean to, the washing machine out in the garage as only room for a dishwasher inside, hardly any proper storage...we have finally got it in order.

I am so pleased that my design now gives us all the storage we need and the appliances we wanted:

There is is now space for an American fridge freezer, a dishwasher, washing machine AND tumble dryer. The oven is inbuilt in a cabinet which is much safer when baby is crawling at my ankles. The microwave is also inbuilt saving worktop space. A skylight in the lean to adds extra light. The bin will go between the fridge freezer and the end of the hob worktop. The glass cabinets give a sense of space.

The cats food gets hidden on the floor at the end of the counter next to the radiator. The towels also hang there too.

In an ideal world we may have put in a larger skylight and underfloor heating to get rid of the radiator but the budget was limited.

The flooring matches that from the rest of the house.

Now for lots of colourful accessories! (And to finish skirting and painting of doorframe.)

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.