shragat

is the marble staircase constructed from steel or wood?

shragat
29 March, 2016
Elegant yet understated home with central elliptical space lit from above · More Info

Des Ewing Residential Architects

The structure of this staircase is constructed of insitu reinforced concrete.

Smet Staircases

These staircases can be manufactured in solid hardwood as well.
    The core would be wooden and we would work together with your stone supplier to make the marble treads & risers after intallation of the stairs.

For more information do not hesitate to contact us.

Direct email: sanderc@smetuk.com

www.smetuk.com

• shragat

Wouldn't the weight of the marble cause the staircase to collapse if it were made of wood?

Smet Staircases

Attached you can find a picture of one of our staircases that is marble clad.

By laminating the wooden stringers in a special way, the stairs can hold the weight of the marble. (calculated by structural engineer)

The Smet team.