broadleaves

Help with my kitchen floor

broadleaves
8 years ago

We opened up our kitchen by taking out the old pantry and taking out what was the old back door. We now have two different floor types and a section which is filled with a very sandy mix of concrete. I actually have grown to love the polished concrete and the terrazzo which I think is resin based. We have had a quote to polish up and enhance the original colour but they say they can't do anything about the area where we removed the walls.

Every one else keeps asking me what I am going to put down on the floor. Trouble is that most floor coverings such as Karndean or Amtico would involve putting down leveling compound which will completely ruin the original floor.

Does anyone know of a company which could repair the original floor or alternatively offer suggestions on how to achieve a stylish solution?

We are based in the East Midlands (UK)

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.