clara_laity

Help with colours, dark hallway.

Clara Laity
8 years ago
Hello. Moved into our Victorian mid terrace 6 months ago. There's nothing wrong with our hallway and landing but the walls need a lick of paint and I'm overthinking what colour.

There's no windows but light bursts in through the top bedroom window in the afternoon, and the front door panels in the morning. The dark carpet doesn't help one bit and we plan to change this to something lighter or maybe even stripped boards.

For one small wall in the hallway, I have gorgeous white wallpaper with sketchy navy boats (we took inspiration from the honeymoon B&B we stayed in in Cornwall!) and it's also a nice touch as our house address is Harbour Rd, so I'd quite like to keep with nautical ideas to some degree.

Floor is lovely Victorian tiles, hints of duck egg blue in them but don't know whether this colour would be too much on the walls.

Last consideration - the walls are imperfect - would prefer Matt to hide this but also needs to be wipeable (filthy handed kids.)

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.