rikitapatel

Where to put the kitchen sink?

rikitapatel
7 years ago
I am totally confused about planning the layout of our new kitchen. We have tried moving the kitchen around to different parts of the room but have yet to settle on a design placing the kitchen on the left or right wall.

Due to building restraints we cannot vent a cooker hood through the ceiling so it must be against the wall not on the island. This leaves a dilemma as to where to put the kitchen sink.

It's a hard working family kitchen so putting the sink on the island is going to look a mess. But if its not on the island there is not much counter space and we would be squeezing it into a tight corner next to the hob and/or facing a wall. One idea I have seen is a raised island, but I'm not sure how practical it is, does anyone have any experience with this type of setup? Alternative is to turn the corner and have a peninsular instead of an island with the sink on it, this would mean closing up the space, losing the symmetry and the oven or fridge would have to go under the counter instead of in a tower unit neither of which is ideal. Any advice on possible alternatives is most welcome. I've shown a couple of layout ideas below that I've begun to sketch out but none of these quite work. Would love to hear what other Houzzers think.

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.