creatingcontrast

Dining Room Makeover - From Seeing Red To Pretty Pashmina!

Ever feel like you just don't know where to start with a decorating project?

My clients felt this way about their 'red' dining room that they left empty for the first few years they lived in their home. They had no idea how to begin the task of giving this room new life that reflected their own tastes, which is why they hired me to assist with their design dilemma.

Here is the dining room before, it is the first room you pass by as you enter the home.

I first sourced the wallpaper which was the 'jumping off point' for the design palette. Fabrics for the custom drapery and dining chairs complemented the wallpaper as well as themonochromatic feel that we were trying to achieve within the room design.

Chestnut Drive · More Info

Design by Claire Jefford, Creating Contrast Designs

Below- Room Before.

Custom Host/Hostess Chairs in a Stunning Duralee Fabric

Custom Buffet Design, Claire Jefford, Creating Contrast Designs

Below - Elegant Artwork and Detailed Wainscoting

The paint selection is Pashmina by Benjamin Moore which is one of my favourite colours. See more of this dining room here.

Watch my video here of where else I have used Pashmina by Benjamin Moore or click on the below photo/link.

I hope you like my transformation of my clients dining room, I wish I had a beautiful space like this to dine in with friends and family!

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.