tracey_makepeace

Green fireplace in playroom

Tracey M
8 years ago
We inherited this green fireplace when we moved in. Now that we are renovating we would like to keep it as it's an original feature. I tried a mid grey with it today and it looked a bit too muddy and cold. So I could try a paler grey, but would this make it look too cold? The fireplace has green and purply-grey tones. I don't want purple on the walls and with two boys I wasn't sure if channelling a soft pink will work. I also thought about adding a black or off black or blue-y black just in the chimney breast but then a lighten tone in the rest of the room. The room is north east facing, so very bright in the morning with a wide bay window. Any ideas on how I can make this look cool, modern and a bit edgy but in a playroom would be great. Thank you.

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.