cocora

Main bedroom wardrobe - Too imposing?

Coco

Hi all!

I been squeezing my brain trying to find a way to fit some good storage in my bedroom.

I have a platform bed (1.6 wide x 2.1 long) and nothing else at the moment.

Here's the sketch and capture (roomsketcher) of the space and the bed and how would it look if I add an Ikea Pax wardrobe (the most convenient option, given that is 100% configurable internally):

I have 3.3 metres high ceilings (old victorian flat).

For what I can see, the wardrobe would look too imposing and it would make my bedroom look tiny and cluttered.

I really need a good storage solution, but everything I try to put in that space it looks too big!
Any brilliant idea about how to solve this?

Note: I'd love to mix some vintage furniture with modern too! Totally open to suggestion., Go crazy!!

Many thanks in advance to all. Have a nice day! :D