jemster

What about the 2 windows?

jemster
last modified: 4 years ago

Living room · More Info

Hi,

This is my living room, currently in the middle of being redone so please ignore the framed picture as won't be staying. I'm going for the kind of look you see in a modern Victorian terrace though I don't live in one! I want a light, airy slightly formal but welcoming feel. The walls are to be painted pale grey which is slightly blue based and I want most of the room to be grey. There's plenty of brown wood in the room to keep the room warm. There will be the odd touch of soft green and blue here and there.

My question is - here I have a roman blind on my back door which is patterned a soft green with white - it's just been made so can't be changed - but I don't know what to do with the windows next to it. I originally wanted venetian blinds in a light colour but don't think they really fit in with the vibe I want. Would roller blinds be better? Or perhaps just used roman blinds on these as well?
Then there is the question of colour - would it be too much to have them in the same fabric as the one on the door? Should I just pick out plain fabric in that same soft green or go for some other colour, perhaps grey?