yvonne_mills1

Need help with kitchen design

Yvonne Mills
8 years ago

Hi all,

I'd really appreciate some help with planning my new kitchen layout, which is only 8' x 9'. I have an awkward chimney breast which is restricting the layout and so I've decided to open it up more, hoping for greater flexibility. I've added a photo of the chimney breast showing current layout and want to know if siting an eye level oven housing unit in the newly raised area would be too imposing for such a small kitchen. +

3 The hob would be sited in the opposite facing wall.

The chimney breast won't be removed completely but will be opened higher by 80cm to accommodate a standard tower. Ideas greatly appreciated and though I have plenty of natural light and a south facing kitchen, I plan on cream or light grey gloss cabinets hoping to make the kitchen look bigger.

Thanks in advance for your input and ideas.

Yvonne

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.