dtunes

White quartz worktops

Adam
8 years ago
Hi guys. I'm choosing worktops for my new kitchen and am unsure about which option is best.

I am going with quartz as it seems to be the most resistant and cost-friendly, but don't know which manufacturer is best. Over here in Spain we have locally made Silestone, Quarella, Compac and Caesarstone to choose from. Are they equally as good? Is the microban in Silestone safe? What about staining and chipping?

The second issue is the colour. I want a white or very light colour and for it not to be too fussy and modern. I had originally thought plain white, but the more i look at it, the more boring it seems and almost looks like plastic. So, i have also been looking at offwhites and with slight detail.

The stone mason showed me Silestone Zeus, White Storm, Ariel and Yukon to go with my kitchen cabinets which will be white overheads and slate effect below.

Please share your experiences and advice f you can, it would be a great help :D

Comments (39)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.