thea48

Getting rid of clutter

Theodora Ford
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Please can anyone help me? My husband deals with his clutter by getting rid of it. Simple. But I feel tied to mine, so much of it has memories attached whereas my husband's is all recent, a fire having got rid of most of his, some of which he does regret. I look at mine and feel helpless and overwhelmed, especially with all the old family photos. Some years ago I bought a large glass fronted cabinet to put all the sentimental things in. It is now full to bursting, I now have another cabinet also full and do love looking at the contents and remembering the people and occasions associated with them. I haven't mentioned the boxes of craft equipment that realistically I won't use again but keep "just in case". Whenever I try to cull it all a wave of inertia rolls over me and I am rendered unable to do more than just look at it feebly. I am absolutely certain I am not alone in this and now we are downsizing as our 5 children have long gone and have children of their own, I am getting panicky about how to deal with it all. Does anyone anywhere have any suggestions about how to think about these things differently? Thea

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.