choppy39

Architect?

choppy39
7 years ago

How do you find a inspirational architect? Do you ask to see their work, what if they have done nothing like you want to base it on, do they give you an idea proposal before handing over any funds..how much could I expect to pay for some plans?

I would like someone who thought of something I wouldn't have but don't want to feel disappointed if they don't come up with inventive ideas. I would rather try and design myself and put the money towards the build. I know if I found a good architect they will invent something that would really make the space work though.....

Rough idea

I am planning an extension approx 12m wide, all running the down the side of the house, first 4m across kitchen and the rest garage with a pitched roof to match the house, all approx 6-7m long.

This means only a window to front of the kitchen and doors to rear into the garden, would light tubes be necessary on such a short length, the pitch on the roof I would like to have a guest space, would it be more functional to have steps from the outside meaning noone has to enter the garage to go to bed?

I don't need a complete off the wall design just really want the space to work

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.