winterfloods

Which angle and colour intensity LED downlighters should we choose for

winterfloods
7 years ago
We're in the final stages of a kitchen renovation project and it seems that each morning, as the different tradespeople arrive, we have to make pretty swift decisions. Yesterday it was tiling in the downstairs loo, today it was the height of a cabinet; neither of which were critical. But tomorrow the electrician arrives to sort out the kitchen lights and we're concerned about getting this one right.
We have to decide on the colour intensity of the lights i.e. 4000k, 3000k or 2700k, and also the width of the angle 38 or 60 degrees. I've looked at several charts on the internet but can't translate what they say into plain English. I've also attached a couple of photos of the bare room with a white wash on the walls and OnePlan's original plan. Since Karen did this for us we have decided that the full height cupboards will be in oak and that the floor standing cabinets and drawers will be painted in F&B Worsted, a lightish gray. There will be a pendant light over the breakfast table in the bay window. The worktop will be a speckled, mainly white granite and we will also have a strip of lighting on the island.
I'm anxious that the final outcome isn't too harsh but is good for working in bearing in mind that we're not as young as we were and both wear glasses. There won't be any pendant lights over the island. I know they look nice and are very fashionable but they're not for us.

Advice eagerly awaited! Thank you.

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.