j_ieva

White fence..did we make a mistake? Help!!!

eve
8 May, 2016
Hi all, we've got a small sized garden (approx 8x10m) with a downwards going slope at the back..
Initially we thought we might leave it as it is, as we just moved in and lawn is newly laid and looks like a nice mini football field.
But recently we got an idea to plant the slope up with cottage-style plants and turn this empty space in a wonderful almost evergreen and constantly blooming country garden..
Not sure why, but we started by painting the fence in cuprinol's pale jasmine and noticed how clean the fence started looking..but comparing it with the previous brown stained fence version I'm not sure anymore if we did a right thing!!!
Second night in row I can't sleep properly as I'm so confused and scared that our plan won't work...were even not sure if we will manage to grow plants on that slope!!!
Please help us by providing your thoughts and ideas for our garden..do you think we're going the right way? Or should we repaint the fence? Would we be able to create a nice display at the back and a bit on the sides? I'm seriously freaking out...!
Garden is west facing..and I'm adding some photos for your judgement, even though it's not finished yet. Thanks a lot in advance!!