catherine_wood78

Ensuite bathroom - layout advice please!

Catherine Wood
7 years ago
Hi, we're planning a loft conversion in our 1930s semi - a master bedroom and ensuite bathroom - and would love some advice on the best layout for the bathroom. The space available for the ensuite is c. 4600mm x 1700mm with a 1200mm window across the width. Because we don't want a room that's too long and narrow we plan to split up the space, with a storage cupboard accessible from the stairs and c. 4000mm left for the bathroom. Within the bathroom we'd like to fit a walk-in shower, twin basin, and some bespoke built in storage. We also want somewhere to house a shaver socket so charging toothbrushes aren't on display. I've attached the current plan, which has built in storage as a counter top style unit under the window, and a trough style 1200mm basin. Do you think this is the optimum layout? The bathroom door would open outward into the bedroom but we're flexible on where it goes at the moment (loft conversion not yet built.) Not sure where to put a wall cupboard to house a shaver socket - or where to position the loo roll holder as loo is in the middle of a wall! - and am wondering if all that space to the left of the door is going to feel a bit wasted...? I'd be really grateful for any advice or views as I'm going around in circles! Loft company isn't being particularly helpful on the design front...

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.