rhiwlas2009

Lovely old floor but a little bit worn and no shine.

CARO DAIS
7 years ago

I believe this to be the original floor in my 1960's kitchen. The elderly lady who lived here before us had a non slip flooring glued onto the floor to eliminate the danger of slipping. We have (eventually, with lots of effort) removed the glued on flooring to discover a very nice old floor beneath. I would love to keep the original floor but no matter how I clean/steam it, it dries out dull and uninteresting. I recognise the type of floor but cannot remember what it is called. It seems to be a mixture of cement and coloured stones which have been poured into a series of 2 ft square frames on the floor. I would appreciate any advice on how I could improve the look of this floor, it would be a shame to tile over it and lose this original feature. I have added pictures of the floor wet and dry. Thank you.

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.