gatos_rojos

Garden design - transformation to a wildlife friendly garden

Gatos Rojos
7 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi Houzzers, This is the third summer in this house and it's time to concentrate on the garden, but I'm not a very good/keen gardener and am at a bit of a loss! It's a small south facing plot and the patio gets the sun all day, so no problems there. I don't actually mind the square-ness of it but it does distress me that there are very few plants/flowers for the bees and butterflies. I have planted a few bedding plants, as you can see but would love to fill the borders with bee/butterfly friendly plants. We've just had the trees pruned professionally and will be keeping them as they don't annoy us or the neighbours! As you stand with your back to the house, there is an old tree stump in the right hand border, which is a nice feature and I'd like to keep this visible. It's just me and my husband, so no requirements for play areas etc. The easy thing would be to just widen the borders and choose some appropriate foliage to plant. But any ideas for a more imaginative approach/design would be very welcome. This is a project for the summer so will endeavour to post pics as we go along. Thanks in advance! vanessa.

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.