fionahatch

Need help with home office design

fionahatch
7 years ago

My partner and I have recently moved into a 3 bedroom house and would like to use one of the rooms as a study. We would like the whole side of one wall to be converted to a long desk with shelves all the way to the top of the ceiling for storing books, DVDs and box files.

The main requirement is functionality. I have looked on many designer websites, and although the aesthetics looks great, we cannot afford the price tag that comes with them. I have tried to find local carpenters that might be able to build and fit something like this, but so far I've not had much luck. I live in the Hampshire area. Does anyone have any suggestions of how I should go about trying to find someone to build a bespoke desk + shelves but at a sensible cost?

The wall total length is 3415mm including alcove on the right. Alcove measures 665mm wide and 1056mm depth. I can provide pictures in the future if that would help.

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.