emmelinewe

Win a bathroom makeover worth £5,000 with bathstore!

Emmeline Westin
last modified: 3 years ago

The competition has now closed.

We're very pleased to announce that we've teamed up with the experts at bathstore to offer you Houzzers a fantastic competition prize - a dream bathroom makeover worth £5,000.

We know that many of you are posting your bathroom dilemmas in Houzz's Advice section, so if your bathroom is looking a bit tired, this competition is perfect for you!

How to enter the competition:

Simply post a comment below telling us why you should win this bathroom makeover and you’ll be entered into a random prize draw. Images aren't mandatory, but do feel free to include them if that will illustrate your point better. One winner will be selected at random.

Luxurious Traditional Bathroom · More Info

By registering your vote and adding a comment, you're agreeing to our competition terms and conditions. Only UK entries this time!

Comments (2.6K)

• avrilrothwell

Our teenagers human rights are being violated by having no working shower! We have a peach bathroom which isn't peachy and tiles which look like something from a 1970s spirograph set! Would love a bath store makeover.

• Collette S
    Pick me! Pick me! You could do a before (mould, grime and leaking soil pipe) and after photo! Houzz about that?!

Right, my en suite bathroom - do your worst!

They are lovely handles Patrina. I'm having a bit of a handle issue since the holes in the pull handles on the four drawers are 83mm centre to centre and there are not many options with that sizing in brushed brass. I've found a couple of possibilities from china but with the problems there I'm not sure how long they will take to arrive.

Vote for your favourite film-inspired interior!

The NewYork apartment in the movie 'Down With Love' is my personal favourite. Sunken, circular longe, lofty spiralling staircase and that view! I'd change up the colour scheme, a bit too pink for my tastes. Or even it out by spending time at the equally stunning, James Bond-esque bachelor pad, with its wood tones and blue velvet goodness. Oh yes!

Expert advice please - best house investment options

Hi igho sadly it was not available, it was a probate purchase and was still showing for sale as the probate has been going on since November and wasn't complete, so the deal hadsnt even begun yet! I wouldn't be too impressed if I was the buyer and 7 months later no news.. I have now seen a 2 bedroom detached cottage in a really plush road, it's flanked by lots of 5 and 6 bed houses so it's a very unusual find. It's £475k and to make anything of this it would definitely need a 2 story extension and a substantial remodel with new kitchen and bathrooms, a £120k+ job probably. Very difficult to tell how risky this would be given that the total spend would be well over £600k once all fees and finishes are calculated. If I bought it and spent money doing a ground floor extension with kitchen diner etc, I'm still left with just a 2 bed cottage and even the estate agent said I'd make a loss! At the moment I'm more inclined to look towards renovation rather than extension type projects.

I think I've given up - Living Room v Man

We may not share artistic values but we do share one good thing... love and our life together - he's simply your typical man who loves to lounge around even when covered in dirt! We may have completely different ideas for our home but he is a good egg :) Anyway I do believe we have found common ground... surprisingly he really likes my idea of using grey with bright colours. We have agreed that as long as I stop forcing him to endure flamingos or similar, he will put up with me buying vintage and completely unnecessary furniture. He's said I can do whatever I want with those awful armchairs... WIN! I think we are going with man friendly greys meets pops of colour/vintage. It's pay day next week and I simply can't wait any longer!! Having said that... some ideas for what style of vintage and arrangements will be wonderful! Here is the photo from my kitchen door - anything attached to the walls were already there from the previous residents and will be removed... such as the mirror which isn't in line with that hideous folding table and the strange religious wall in the corner.... plus the half finished wallpaper on the chimney breast lol. x
  • debezenac

We've moved into our home 2 years ago with our small toddler. We renovated it top to bottom, electrics, plastering, kitchen, floors.... all the while struggling to live in it. We finally got heating in (December) literally 2 weeks before our second baby was born at home. Houzz has been a big part of our project by giving us some great ideas and inspiration. Kept us going those long weekends and evenings, through sheer exhaustion. Still completing bits but the bathroom is the final element. We are desperate to create something special but need help. our batchroom is small and therefore not easy to layout. It is very dated, and had been originally renovated (a good many years ago from the looks of it) using the cheapest possible options, bless. The shower is very small, moldy and just looks grimy no matter how much you clean it. Our bathroom is a room that we use extremely functionally but try to speand as little time in as possible. IT would be absolutely amazing to top off this big renovation project with a beautiful and professional looking family bathroom. Our kids would truly be impressed. And we'd be very happy too.

• Anne Goffee
    Would love a new bathroom to replace our very tired looking 80's bathroom.
  • angela_turley8

I would love to win as you would think not much could go wrong with an ensuite......it's a shower, basin and toilet right???!?!? Ooooh no instead we will add some chintzy pink bird tiles, some horrible pine laminate, a beige shower and a white toilet...Mmmmm please consider me to win so my husband doesn't try to sledgehammer the lot cus that would be another begging letter to DIY SOS!!!!!!! ⛏

• astuteg
    We moved to our first home last summer. Been working endlessly on a refurbishment since then and unfortunately when time came to uplift the bathroom we run out of savings...Our poor old bathroom is in desparate need of repairs. Tiles are falling down one by one, sanitaryware outdated but the worst happened few weeks ago when we detected water leakage from the bath tub staight to a newly refurbished kitchen downstairs. Please let us be the lucky ones to win a new bathroom where we can finally relax and rewind. Thank you!
  • Sian Griffiths
    It would be amazing to win this competition because I have been treated appallingly by a woman's plumbing business called Stopcocks. They have completely ruined my previously functioning but worn shower room. If I had this money I could resurrect my shower room again. The one photo shows my shower room before I agreed to let Hattie Hasan of Stopcocks revamp my 20 year old shower room and another photo of how it is now, after her completely trashing it. My husband and I decided to update our shower room and turn it into a wet room and chose Stopcocks based on the fact they are women and have an all singing & dancing website. Before Stopcocks we did have a shower, loo, sink, radiator, a room fully decorated and tiled, albeit old. Hattie Hasan agreed to do the job, said convincingly that she was experienced in wet rooms and agreed to provide an 'exquisite' shower room. She was with us for over 2 weeks and then abandoned the job and left us in a real mess. She was not able to honour her side of the contract and I am left with a ruined room with no facilities whatsoever. It is a very poorly tiled room with holes and pipes and nothing working. I am now in dispute with Stopcocks but I have been given the go ahead by my insurance & solicitors so that I can now get the work done. This all happened in September 2015. If I can get this work done we can rent our house & move to Manchester to help our son & partner with our grandson. Our ruined shower room is holding us back. Why is getting work done on your home so difficult. We don't have loads of money so it's even harder. And why do people like Hattie Hasan have no scruples? I hope we win so we can move it on.
  • sashabyrne

I would love to have a bathroom that I don't have to make apologies for! Whenever, friends or family stay over, I find myself saying: "I have cleaned it, really, but it just looks like I haven't!" We have been in our house for nearly 15 years and have not been able to update this room! My teenagers always have their friends staying over and I find myself feeling embarrassed about the bathroom on their behalf! Trying hard to send you a photo, but it's not co-operating!

• astuteg
  • Annie K

We are moved into our house 8 months ago and our daughters go to their grans house to have a shower. The décor is so dated friends say it is retro- I beg to differ! It has not been changed since about 1970. Bright pink, green and black - not very relaxing. As well as a peach toilet. Very colour co-ordinated!! A new bathroom is just what we need.

• tindall1969

Me and my bathroom have a lot in common - we both looked amazing in the '80's! Need I say more?

• scoobywoo
    We have bought our dream house, the only problem we have is a green bathroom suite. We love the bath store bathrooms and it would be amazing to win a makeover to be able to change this bathroom.
  • Perpetua Amoo
    The heavy rain left my bathroom damaged. My priority was to fix the flat roof that caused the damage as unfortunately it was not covered by the insurance. As a single parent it not always easy to juggle things. I would love a bathroom makeover as I cannot envisage me fixing the interior anytime soon. I have attached a picture of the current damage to my ceiling.
  • Perpetua Amoo
  • jackystamp

I would love to win a makeover for my bathroom. I have a shower over the bath. But I often slip so I am saving up, as I need to take the bath out and put a shower in. Thats why I have made a appointment with, The Bath Store in Fleet to advice me and help design a new bathroom. They have been so helpful already, I filled in online that I would like some information from my nearest store, that was Friday late evening. Saturday they phoned me, and 1 hour later a young lady came out to my home and measured the bathroom. Im impressed with the service. Im booked in for Wednesday for them to help design my ideal bathroom.

• mejuliec

I I would really love to win a bathroom for my mum. She is old and finds it hard to get in and out of the bath and I have to help her and wash her hair and a shower would make life easier and also she deserves a nice easy life... Please let her win ... Thanks and good luck to her haha

• rob_lee94

From mis-matched, dilapidated and out of date to clean, modern and practical? Bathstore, we need your help!

• njunderdown
    I fell into that classic "Grand Designs" trap. "I know I'm five months pregnant", I thought, "but why should that stop us doing a two storey extension and major renovation to our 1920s semi?"

That was January. By mid March, the walls were up and the roof was on but it was clear that something had to give. With sadness, we concluded that ripping out the only functioning sink and loo in the house, while being eight-and-a-half months pregnant, was a step that even we shouldn't take. And just a couple of weeks later, as I wallowed in the bath to cope with contractions, I was so glad of our choice. Our new baby spent his first three weeks of life listening to angle grinding, tile cutting and drilling!

But as the fog of a first newborn has lifted, a new set of problems has emerged. Our predecessors left us some corkers in the bathroom. At nearly 12 weeks, the baby has outgrown the baby bath, but washing him in the bath isn't possible - after all, the taps are installed in the wrong side so I can't lift him in. The taps are also festooned with red electrical tape - they're plumbed in back to front and i live in fear of accidentally running scalding water on him by choosing the wrong tape. A slightly manky cloth prevents the tap from dripping where a washer was never installed, and a hastily assembled shower curtain prevents the broken screen from leaking all over the floor; though nothing can resolve the issue of the storage drawers which don't open, because they're blocked by the heated towel rail. So the baby's towels are stacked in another room, meaning there's always a mad dash for a clean towel while the baby yells from the changing mat. And did I mention those aforementioned storage drawers are gold? Oh yes.

I've enjoyed wringing comedy material out of living with a dysfunctional bathroom, but the time has come to wreak my vengeance on the dodgy spotlights, the cracked loo, the warped bath panel and the gold units. Come with me on that journey!
    Whitbydesign
    My husband and I urgently need a bathroom makeover to win back the love and respect of our friends and family.

According to such loved ones, we are now both suffering from a catastrophic drop in major personal grooming practices because of our bodged bathroom.

Bath salts, scrubs and body polishes are now words from a dim and distant world.

Long, leisurely soaks, face masks and bubble baths are from another time and place.

Even soap seems to be slipping away from our grubby fingers.

We are becoming unrecognisable from ourselves and we fear for the future of our already weakened cleanliness.

Please help us with these makeover.

Don't let our bathroom destroy us.

Xx
  • Lottie Green

We would absolutely love an update to our very dated and pokey bathroom - cork floor tiles and all!

• zoegriffith
    Just because...
  • margaretaphillips

My bathroom is old and sad. Help!

• jolady

My bathroom theme tune since I moved into my home in 1997, reworded from the original by Orange Juice, amended for the Bathstore bathroom makeover competition.
    When I first saw it something stirred within me.
    I hoped to never see it again.
    If I could have changed it.
    I would have changed it
    Rip it out and start again.
    Rip it out and start again.
    Rip it out and start again.
    I hope to God I win this Bathstore makeover.
    I hope to God.
    I hope to God

• jcstir

Hi, I want to win this competition because I have been updating my mum's house with the intention of moving into it BUT a huge infestion of wood worm necessitated most funds being spent to essential structural work and house now just a shell. Being a 62 old girly I am running out of time to enjoy a little luxury. This would be a fabulous win. Thanks

• Emmeline Westin

Thank for participating Houzzers! The competition has now closed and we'll be in touch with the winner shortly. Thanks again for your fantastic contributions!

jennitink
    We bought our first home complete with crimes against house style a year ago. We get wed next year and we'd love our mouldy ceilinged, eye. Damaging bathroom to become a haven of marital bliss!
    And having a loo seat lid that doesn't hit you on the back would be nice
  • Juli Titherington
    I really like Houzz as it helps me to show my ideas to my partner. I would love a bathroom makeover as ours is so small (split into 2 tiny rooms)and just unpleasant to be in. I would love to reunite the original space, bringing the natural light back in and having a tub for a full grown adult to enjoy. My partner doesn't really think we have the money to fix it up but I think he's finally seeing my ideas, as inspired by Houzz.
  • caes9
    Surely someone can prove that this small bathroom can be elegant and functional...?!
    r_stanton026
    Just spent an absolute fortune on buying a new "old" house, nothing left in the budget for years to come! And the Bathroom leaves a little to be desired!!!! Please, please, please help
    r_stanton026
    The bathroom is one of most important rooms in the house, it's the only room you can lock the children out of! It would be great to turn into a room that I could relax in! Very old building that's hard to get the design right!
  • martinathomas
    Very nice bathroom but I think a free standing radiator/towel rail would have looked nice and a nice chair in front of the table which could double as a dresser if you put a mirror there also.
  • Lyner Miheso
    hi.
    have never had a shower with my husband
    since I got married in 2002. I use basin to take shower I think winning these bathroom will gives love experience in the bathroom. please.
  • spookyduderino

COMPETITION CLOSED LAST WEEK - PLEASE STOP LEAVING COMMENTS NOW!

• Lisa

Who won?

• denise_pentney8
    Well, looking at some of these photos and reading the comments. I think my bathroom is ok thank you very much. good luck everyone.
  • Ogbonna Stanley
    bathroom should be a place of rebirth. I need a touch of taste from your designs to exum the already dying spirit of connection in my bathroom
  • proctorlouise71
    Has this been drawn now?
    Thanks
  • Emmeline Westin

Hi again Houzzers! Just to clarify, the competition has now closed and we've notified the winner. Thank you again!

• montorlin
    I would love to win this for my 83 year old mum. She is disabled with osteo arthritis and fell breaking the bath some time ago. Sadly she was stuck for some time and has not been able to bath since. This would be a wonderful gift to her!
  • Oscar Hamoonga
    I have a small space bathroom, my installer could not make the best out of it. I've since opted bring it down for a better fitting classy design.
  • Begovic Nikola

Hello, I have apartment of 65 m2 and only thing I want to change is bathroom. There are two reasons: Our bathroom is very old and not to big; second: my wife seriously want new bathroom . Thanks a lot

• nellythumper

I have two boys and a husband who stink up the place, our current bathroom is disgustingly grimy and washing just doesn't do it. New tiles and a good bath would transform the place to a woman's area.

• iolosdad

Bathstore ? make my dreams come true - please? I'd let you post the lovely photos on houzz

• temple274
    You just need a slab of stone to suit the size needed for your project. You could look for a quarry or stone supplier but the easiest way would be to do an eBay search for stone, flags, flagstone or slate. You're likely to find a suitable piece not too far away as there are plenty of sources of old paving and stone slabs near Leeds. If you want a new or modern look to it then a stonemason could cut or finish it to suit.
    The Hamilton Group
    Pity it's with Bathstore
    GD STONEMASONS LTD

Our bathroom refit is overdue, it should be so much more than a place to go for a ...shampoo, or to wash the Cockerpoo! The Tiles are B&Poo and the bath is askew ... Everything is all sealant and "mend and make do." Even the floor boards are thin and creaky, and when you take a leak, your guests can hear thee! What's a girl to do, when she can't park her chassis on a proper loo. Oh dream come true, oh dream come true - a shiny new bathroom me and ...maybe the Cockerpoo too!

• kellychoi
    I am from South Korea and been here about 4.5 years. I find it hard to live in a different country especially like England which makes me very down. Since I came to the UK my health condition got bad and finally had to have hysterectomy. I have been through depression too and still having counselling. I have a 2 year old son and everyday life is quite depressing in a dark house. Bathrooms are small and dark and really annoying by banging here and there because of the shower booth is too small even for myself, a small woman. If someone has got a brilliant idea to make our bathrooms more bright, bigger and usable, I will be happy.
  • scrabbl

Who won this competition?

• debonweb_100

I was wondering the very same scrabbi .... I'm not sure where to [or whether you can] find competition results on Houzz .....

I can see this reply posted on 12 July 2016 at 09:16 saying:

'Hi again Houzzers! Just to clarify, the competition has now closed and we've notified the winner. Thank you again!"

but I'm uncertain as to whether they ever post actual winner info ??

• Dreya Cameron

Yes who was it??