khirsig

Obscure glass - planning condition

khirsig
7 years ago

Council have approved my extension plans with condition that two side windows are in obscure glass. One of these windows particularly was to be a picture window (i.e. just a glass pane that does not open) 120cm x 120cm. The other I could probably live without.

The picture window is East facing and was to have sunlight pouring through it into the extension in the morning. I am gutted thinking about modern sanded or frosted glass in this window - in fact I'd rather not have a window than that.

However I could live with bevelled glass and coloured glass and have looked at reclaim windows, edged, stained or even Victorian 'pub'-type glass. I wonder if these would count as obscure glass?

Thank you for any other ideas, any creative ways around this issue and advice on what is considered obscured glass!

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.