slimgimli

Deciding on new kitchen design and colour!

Slimgimli
7 years ago
Hi,
Moved house last year and we are starting to think of getting the kitchen redone! My problem is I can't decide on what I want! In our last house we put in white gloss handleless base units and shelves above with granite worktop as it was a new build and I did like it, but our new house is a 1930's house and the kitchen is an extension to the side, very long and narrow.
Decided I don't want wall units as find them difficult to reach , but found open shelves a pain as everything got dusty etc!
Anyway have had a design done but not sure if anyone can improve on it?
As you can see it will be a long run of units one side and then hoping to have a breakfast/pantry dresser of some sort opposite the oven with a smeg type fridge next to it.
Would love to have bright yellow units as my mums kitchen is a 40yr old hygena kitchen which I have always liked!
Should I go for a painted shaker type? Or a more modern gloss door? Not many companies door a standard yellow ( wonder why) . Wanting to add maybe grey and white to the colour scheme !
Unfortunately our budget is not huge and this will be our forever home so want to get it right.......Trying to think of doors, tiles, flooring and lighting is sending me mad

Comments (23)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.