mitchybee82

Sliderobes / mustard bed

mitchybee82
7 years ago
We are currently decorating our bedroom- the sliderobes were here when we bought the house and although the storage is amazing I am not keen on the finish / colour. I fell in love with the mustard velvet bed and HAD to have it but now I've become a bit unstuck in what do do next. The walls are white which I find a little stark ( it's a Victorian house with two windows in the bedroom) and the carpet is grey. My questions are should I

- try and paint the sliderobes with chalk paint and if so should I leave the horizontal metal effect rails or paint them too...
-what colour should the rest of the room be to complement the bed - maybe a navy/ grey /mustard scheme?
-or go a bit more opulent with a wallpaper in keeping with the Victorian age of the house? And if so wallpaper the panels of the sliderobes too?

I love the bed and really can't afford to ditch the sliderobes at the moment so any advice would be greatfully received!

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.