mitchybee82

Sliderobes / mustard bed

mitchybee82
We are currently decorating our bedroom- the sliderobes were here when we bought the house and although the storage is amazing I am not keen on the finish / colour. I fell in love with the mustard velvet bed and HAD to have it but now I've become a bit unstuck in what do do next. The walls are white which I find a little stark ( it's a Victorian house with two windows in the bedroom) and the carpet is grey. My questions are should I

- try and paint the sliderobes with chalk paint and if so should I leave the horizontal metal effect rails or paint them too...
-what colour should the rest of the room be to complement the bed - maybe a navy/ grey /mustard scheme?
-or go a bit more opulent with a wallpaper in keeping with the Victorian age of the house? And if so wallpaper the panels of the sliderobes too?

I love the bed and really can't afford to ditch the sliderobes at the moment so any advice would be greatfully received!

Comment (1)