smilingsueinsydney

Ensuite 1400 x 2200

Hello,

We're in the planning stage of a renovation and would like to put in an ensuite, but the max width we have available is 1400 (external wall to internal wall). Ideally we can give the room 2200, although could stretch to 2400-2600 if absolutely necessary.

The door is on the 1400 width, and does have space to open into the room, although not our preference. The door is on the internal corner of the room and needs to stay there for the rest of the room to work. The door and wall are currently the built in wardrobe, with door width 760.

We will look to put a window on the 2200 external wall, which is on the opposite side to the door, which needs to be right in the corner for the rest of the room to work if it comes into the bedroom.

I've attached a rough hand drawing as an illustration.

We're struggling to find a layout that will feel spacious and not like a cheap bed and breakfast. For example, I've suggested a corner basin, but that's not an option for my partner's preferences. Although he would consider a corner shower.

We live in the UK, so used to not having enormous rooms, but want to have a usable space that adds value and doesn't feel too cramped to be enjoyable.

Please does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks,

Sue

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.