lucy_geddes

Help with colours for north facing living room

Midcenturylass
7 years ago
Please help me work out what colours might work well in our north facing living room. There's too many choices!

The front door is next to the biggest window and the fireplace is opposite the wall with the smaller window. The tiles on the fireplace are really pretty, so might be my inspiration. Our furniture is midcentury, oak...

I've stripped the bright white anaglypta (looked cold and dismal) and now trying to choose paint colours and carpet colour. My husband likes Little Greene Orange Aurora, but I've no idea how to make that work! Or maybe a red, to go with the tiles? For the floor, a neutral carpet, maybe wool-rich, biscuity colour? We were going to sand the floorboard but it's directly above the cellar and too cold.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.