sofaiza

Help! need advice on interior design for open plan living space!

Faiza
7 years ago

Hi all, we have just built a rear extension and knocked down our existing living room wall to create a fairly large l-shaped area which will have the kitchen, dining area and living room all open plan. The kitchen we have ordered is white gloss handleless with a 2m x 1.2m island in the centre and the floor is going to be medium oak wood (to match in with the floor in our existing house). I need to choose a worktop and paints/tiles for the splashbacks, feature wall in the lounge and dining area and all the other walls in the room.

My thoughts/questions so far are:

Worktop: Quartz white worktop - do I go for a plain white, something with speckles or plain white on the side counter and contrast colour in the island? If I do go for a contrast (which I like the idea of) what colour should i go for?

Wall colour: What wall colours work best with a white gloss kitchen?

Feature walls: We have two feature walls, one on the dining area and one on the lounge area. I would like to keep these the same so that everything ties in together. I have found some nice white/cream/grey textured brick effect tiles, but I'm not sure how to tie this in with the rest of the design.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.