citizenerased

Can this poor dining area be given character?

Zach W
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hey!

Some of you may recall that my living/dining area is not the most spacious, which means the dining element is pretty much contained to this sorry section under the stairs:

I've therefore been wondering how to add some character to it. Ideas I've had (from guys on here) are to either go bold with the space and add a colour like teal, or use a darker paint (than the Manor House Gray on the other walls), to essentially hide the area. I can definitely see the merit of both, but am not sure what direction to go, especially with the actual underneath of the stairs being white. The only idea I've seen that could work is like this:

DUMBO Warehouse · More Info

I realise the dining table may need to go, which would be okay but I'd rather keep it if at all possible. The current table is 120cm in length and 66cm across (with the leaves down) for the record.

The table is mainly used as either a desk for work, or a dining table for max. 2 people, so it doesn't need big groups around. Having a light on the wall is probably the one thing I've decided on, as the light struggles to get under there.

If you've any questions about the area, do please let me know.

Many thanks in advance for what are always great comments!

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.