efaint

Hallway advice please.

Emily Hughes
7 years ago
Hi everyone,

Just wondered if you could offer some advice? My partner and I are in the process of renovating our house. It has been a massive project and we have done everything ourselves, including building an extension, to give us a large open plan kitchen, dining, living space; which is (finally!) on the verge of being completed. Now that we are getting close to finishing the inside, it means I have finally been able to think about pretty things, such as paint and accessories. Which brings me onto my topic point - I am in the process of painting the hallway in F&B Elephants Breath. As you can see on the photographs, the radiator wall is the wall I have put the first coat on today, and I will be finishing the stairs and landing over coming days. We intend to replace the boards underneath the hand rail with spindles... So what F&B colour should I paint them? I will be painting the doors and also having a radiator cover... Should I paint all woodwork in the same colour as the bannister?
Just to give you an idea, we have wood floor for hallway leading into the extension.
Secondly, I have attached a photograph of the idea I had for carpet on the stairs and landing which I adore... However, this house is a project that we intend to sell within a year or so of finishing so in order to capitalise on profit, the carpet is over budget (£70 odd per sq yard) I need to half that at least (appreciate won't be 80:20 like the attached picture)... Can anyone offer any suggestions please as to a carpet that will look good with colour scheme? Can't be too countrified as won't fit the age of house (unfortunately).

Thank you for taking the time to read and look forward to getting some ideas!

Emily.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.