ivetaevans

Other than buying a bungalow what can we do with our staircase?

Iveta Evans
7 years ago

As you might have guessed, we dislike our staircase. We've had it like this for 5 years. It's horrible. We're taking it out an replacing it. Putting 2 Velux sun tunnels over the new staircase and we would like to ask what staircase can we put in to brighten up our lives? Wooden or metal, spindles or no railing, a glass wall? Open steps or carpeted - full or a patterned strip down the middle? Have an open staircase or put shelving/cupboard underneath? Lighting on the steps or on the side? What would work best in such a corridor from the front door to the kitchen ? We like a contemporary sleek modern look we definitely are not replacing it with what we're taking out. Does the flooring have to match the stairs if it's wood as we're changing the flooring in the hallway. We are in need of inspiration for our hallway. What would you do?

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.