0
Your shopping basket is empty.

POLL: How do you store your clothes?

HouzzUK Polls
19 July, 2016

In the past, the wardrobe was a place where clothes were hidden from view. Today, due to lack of space or other design decisions, there are many other ways to store our clothing, not necessarily involving a wardrobe!

How do you store your clothes? And why did you opt for this choice?

A House by 08023 Architects - Barcelona · More Info

Free standing wardrobe
Walk-in wardrobe
Bespoke wardrobe
Built-in cupboard
Clothes rail
Open wardrobe (open shelves)
  • Ocean Clarke

The plan - a walk-in wardrobe of my dreams. The reality - a humble clothes rail. Nevertheless, great motivation!

08023 · Architects

Thank you for your words!!

• artemisia_cp
    Having recently downsized from a 3 to 2 bed house we decided to take the plunge and convert our second bedroom into a walk-in wardrobe. Now we have rails, drawers, storage boxes and even a chair for my husband to sit in while he decides what to wear! He has more of a fashion sense than me (reluctant as I am to admit it).
    Roon & Rahn

Jeg har købt et par arkivskabe fra den gamle Paludan tegnestue i Aarhus, som fungerer perfekt til tøj, håndklæder og sengelinned. Det fede er at arkivskabet er lavet i stål, således man sætte magneter på det. Jeg har bygge både iPad holder og en lampe, der sidder fast på arkivskabet med kraftige magneter.

I have bought a couple of old file cabinets from a Danish design studio, which works perfect for my clothes, towels and bed linnen. The cool thing about the file cabinets is that it is made in steel and therefore magnetic. I have built an iPad holder and a lamp, which I have attached to my file cabinets with powerful magnets.

• Geri63
    I would love a walk in wardrobe as shown ... maybe one day! I use our built in wardrobe - my husband uses the floordrobe!!
  • Stephen Edwards

I'm ashamed to admit that whilst I have a dressing room, the floordrobe probably gets more use

• Max Adler
    I managed to turn a little box room into a walk in wardrobe using a clever wall hung design based on the Elfa storage system
  • Blossom Art
    I have a dressing room and so does my husband. I know, I'm very lucky!
    MBH Carpentry and Joinery Ltd.
    One day we will get the house of our dreams and then have a walk in wardrobe/ dressing room.
  • maddiemo
    Built in wardrobes but must admit there's nearly always something draped over a bedroom chair. There's normally something at the side of my bed on my floordrobe too...HoHum.
  • somervillelodge

I think we probably all have far too many clothes!! Mine have over taken the wardrobe in the spare room ...

protaWORKS

We've designed a bed-side open-fronted wardrobe - PROTA - and would really like to know what you all think?