jennifer_logue

Sunroom and sliding door blinds

Jennifer Logue
7 years ago
We are about to get work done on our new house to remove the wall dividing our kitchen and sunroom, so the kitchen units will continue into the sunroom (round the corner with the windows. The Windows will be built up a bit as they are below worktop height currently.

My dilemma is blinds. It is south facing and needs blinds to keep the place from overheating but the views are great and not really overlooked so I like to have them open when possible (though that is in part due to the awful cream vertical blinds that were left by previous owners!).

I had wanted plantation shutters with sliding shutters for the large glass area/sliding door, but I just found out how much that would cost and it is a far more than I am willing to pay.

I am now thinking about white panel blinds for the big glass area/door and possibly white wooden Venetian blinds with white tape on the other windows (kitchen will be white with oak worktops) but I am worried it will look weird having two different types of blinds in the room. I have considered intu or perfect fit blinds but not that keen.

We also have a front bay window which I think I will pay for shutters as blinds difficult on the the bay. You will see the patio door from that room (through glass pocket doors and impossible to look at both at once) but not the other windows.

Do you think all these different blinds will be odd or does anyone have any suggestions?

(Please excuse state of the house - too young kids and current zero storage space!!)

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.