acew1234

Heating for new build ...confused..

acew1234
7 years ago
We are just developing plans for a 185m2 new build on a scottish island, possibly sips construction.
We are totally confused by all the options, our architect doesn't have much experience of the renewables, we are really happy with his work though.
We have a paddock so ground source is an option, we are not interested in air source ( seems noisy). We will have a wood burner and lots of wood so could have a back boiler, or do we just go with the known 'safe' option of oil? We don't have gas.

We are thinking of wet underfloor heating downstairs, is anything needed upstairs?

We will have some solar gain from South facing veluxs but the house will face North over the scenery.

I am not surprised people opt for uncomplicated known technology of gas or oil systems, it's all so confusing...then there's MVHR too...
Help ....any advise or experience of the systems...?

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.