angela_dobson40

The Industrial Lighting Revolution

Angela Dobson
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

There’s a movement gathering pace in the interiors world and a quick flick through the pages of this month’s style bibles has confirmed it. Where once the glossy magazines were filled with ornate chandeliers and fancy lampshades, now there are bare bulbs and exposed fittings.

Lighting hasn’t just gone back to basics, it’s gone back to bare necessities, resulting in a true celebration of form and function. Dangling by bedsides, hovering over islands, looping down hallways; vintage style bare bulbs on long, leisurely cables show just how relaxed we have got with our lighting tastes.

But basic they are not. In fact, who knew solitary light bulbs could be so beautiful? Raw naked bulbs go wonderfully well with the rustic industrial interior trend that shows no sign of slowing. Exposed bricks and cabin style timber comes to life with a cluster of variated bulbs illuminating them.

Here at Feather and Nest we have a carefully curated selection of lighting solutions.

Choose from industrial inspired lighting to create a contemporary and unique look in your home, to fun pom pom lights adding colour & fun to your living space.

Filament Light Bulb Large Globe

Complete the industrial look with these stylish filament bulbs. Each 40 watt bulb has 3,000 hours of life.

Oka Film Light in Antique Grey

This striking Oka Film Light is a statement piece. The stylish iron tripod base works perfectly with the distressed metal lamp design.

Jam Jar Lamp with Bulb

This funky Jam Jar Lamp is made using a 1 Litre Kilner preserving jar, an E27 screw lamp holder, a transparent 3 pin plug and 2 metres of cable.

Available in a selection of cable colours and comes complete with a very cool looking filament light bulb.

Here are a few tips on how to bring industrial style lighting into your own home ...

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.