miracath88

Height of bath issues

miracath88
7 years ago

Our house has recently burned down so I'm in the process of re-building it all. We are turning an upstairs bedroom into a bathroom which has a really lovely view from the window. I would love to be able to see the view while sitting in the bath, which will mean placing the bath diagonally across a corner and also making it higher from the ground than standard. My partner & myself are 60 & 70 years old & I wanted some advice about how to raise the bath up a bit (without a protruding plinth to trip over), and whether people think it would be safe to do so, seeing as we're getting older & this bathroom needs to see us out. I maintain that a bath with high sides is safer to get into & out of, as you can hold onto the side easier to steady yourself.

I would love some feedback on this, and any thoughts and possible design pictures people may have.

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.