tgross39

Wooden Floors & Doors Advice

tgross39
7 years ago

Hi, my house is being renovated and I am having wooden floor throughout my ground floor. I am also having all my internal doors replaced. Initially I wanted oak doors but I think having wooden floors and wooden doors will look too much so I have decided white doors would be better. However, unless I want to spend a fortune which I cannot afford then the options seem to be either white mdf doors with veneer and I am worried they may look cheap or wooden doors pained and I am worried that will cost a lot more and painted wooden doors will also not look so good.

Also, I did not realise how many different types of wooden floors there are?! I have chosen engineered but not sure whether to go for a shiny or matt look? I like wood with knots and wide panels but need to decode on shiny or matt first?......What do you think?

I would welcome some advice and thanks so much in advance.

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.