rachhaworth

What to put with this bathroom floor tile?

Rachel
last modified: 3 years ago

We are redoing our bathroom. The floor is going to be tiled with Toulouse Pibrac encaustic tiles from Fired Earth.

The bath will be a Salcombe cast iron bath from the Cast Iron Bath Company, the exterior of which can be painted in any Farrow & Ball colour. I have found an old sideboard on eBay, which we plan to covert into a vanity unit with two sinks. At the moment it is painted a bright blue colour, so it will need to be repainted. The top of the sideboard will obviously need to be replaced with something waterproof (marble? slate?)

I have seen loads of pictures of beautiful painted or panelled bathroom walls, but we have two toddlers who think splashing water everywhere is THE FUNNIEST THING EVER, so we're going to have to tile the walls at least half way up (and obviously full height around the shower).

The sinks etc will all be white, and the overall look we're going for is quite traditional.Any ideas for what we should put on the walls? And what colours would you paint the bath and the vanity unit?

Many thanks!