asig40

Which style of internal doors for our mixed period cottage? And what t

Andrea K
7 years ago
Our former gardener's cottage has a small part dating from the 17th Century, another part dating from the 1930s, another from the 1980s, the late 1990s and a upvc conservatory! Currently the doors downstairs are all variations of Victorian 4 panel reclaimed pine (not all standard sizes and poorly fitting) with brass knobs. Upstairs are 4 panel shaker pine or pine and plywood 1950s style doors, with mostly brass, some Bakelite knobs - also varying sizes.

1. We want to unify the internal doors throughout the house and make them fit properly and give better sound proofing. We are thinking of new oak doors (some shortlisted styles attached), but which style to go for?

2. We also want to replace the softwood front door (shown) with a better quality hardwood door - should we stick with the current style?

So many decisions! Advice gratefully received.

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.