chun_yipw

What would you do?

Pete
7 years ago

Just moved into the property above which hasn't been loved as it has been rented out for some time. You can see "vegetation" growing on the house...Im thinking of the following, what would you do?

1. Taking the door at the front porch out (its crumbling) and put two column pillar to hold the porch up.

2. Replace the gravel with aggregate concrete which shares the same colour tone as the house.

3. Rid of the wooden planks at the front and brick it up. Should I brick up the left side as well to be symmetric?

4. Plant a tree at the left side of the picture where the house borders the road.

5. Repaint exterior with a new coat of the same paint?

The end goal is to not be the ugliest house on the street, low maintenance, keep the space for two cars, affordable and dosent end up looking "characterless".

Would appreciate any advise as its our first project and wont want to mess it up.

Thank you houzzers.

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.