0
Your shopping basket is empty.

Roman Blinds - Cotton or Linen?

Ami Todd
25 August, 2016

Hi all,

I have found a fabric that exactly matches my curtains and I am going to use it to make a Roman Blind.

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/yellow_moroccan_quatrefoil_large_scale_fabric-256404498491304951

My problem is I don't know what fabric to go for - the women in the blinds shop where I am getting it made suggested cotton twill becuase even though linen looks beautiful, it creases easily. I am not a fan of ironing!

The types of fabric they do can be found on 'fabric guide' on the right side of the page. Any advice?

Hamilton interiors

to be honest any fabric works as a roman blind as unlike curtains the blind will fold into the pleats when up, but cotton hangs the best

Ami Todd thanked Hamilton interiors
  • Ami Todd

Thanks, I will probably go for cotton then. This website has 3 types - cotton twill which is meant to be heavier and aparently better for furnishings, prima cotton and combed cotton. Do you think I should go for the twill since it suggests that is for funishings while it suggests the others for craft etc.

Bloc Blinds

Hi Ami

Have you considered
    trying a made to order Fabric
    Changer Roller Blind
    ? At Bloc
    Blinds
    we have the perfect award winning solution to your problem. Our range of prints
    and plain fabric provide the same beautiful yellow hues you have highlighted in
    your link. See below Canary Yellow, Daffodil Yellow and Pinstripe Gold.

We also have a beautiful Natural Linen look and patterned Spring Leaves.

With a Bloc Blind your choice of style and design are unlimited, simply
    hook on and hook off your preferred design and within minutes change the look
    of your room without changing the mechanism or even removing it from the
    window.

For further advice or
    support on how to install don’t hesitate to contact our team at info@blocblinds.com and we’ll be happy to
    help.

Good Luck!

Síle