paula_souza21

New kitchen remodeling - architect or designer? SW11 London

Paula Souza
7 years ago

Hello!

We plan is to remodel our kitchen and living area. We would like to knock down the wall with the fireplace to open & create more functional space between the kitchen area, dinning area and sofa/TV area .

My first thought is that we need an architect to draw up some plans for a
layout, since we don't really know if we have space for all the things we want. We already have a trusted builder, and we would prefer to hire him for this particular job. But, that still leaves me in need of a drawing. I am assuming it is best to hire an architect as opposed to a designer to help draw out the
layout, since there will be a wall knocked down, things moved around & added. It's a small space (see images below), but I feel its possible to create a kitchen, dining and sofa/TV apace all in this room. This is where i would like advise from a professional architect (or designer) to help inform what IS possible and provide ideas that we may not have thought of.

This is all new to me,
so any help & guidance would be appreciated.
Thank You!

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.