the_cheshire_garden_design_studio

Poll: Faux, Meadow, Clean-Cut?

At The Cheshire Garden we know how important gardens are - they are an extension of your home, a place to entertain, play and relax. Gardens, whatever size can and should be beautiful though maintaining them and finding something to suit your lifestyle comes with choices.

When it comes to grass there are many options from faux to entire roll out meadows, laced with wild seeds.

What would be your choice when doing up your garden?

Let us know below!

The Cheshire Garden.

Faux
Wildflower Turf
Clean Cut

Comments (7)

• Beth Weir
    7 years ago

wildflower turf wins it for me - the variation in height, colours and textures looks great

The Cheshire Garden Design Studio thanked Beth Weir
  • PRO
    Mozolowski & Murray
    7 years ago

Wildflower turf is brilliant and great for nature!

The Cheshire Garden Design Studio thanked Mozolowski & Murray
  • PRO
    Geum Garden Design
    7 years ago

Totally depends on the space and personal preference. Wildflower meadows are wonderful but higher maintenance than most people think - and would look out of place in a small urban space, but fabulous in a big garden, where it has space to breathe. You can't beat a traditional lawn, and it suits all kinds of garden design. While faux grass has its place, it's really not the most eco-friendly of solutions

The Cheshire Garden Design Studio thanked Geum Garden Design
  • laudav
    7 years ago
    Agree with your comment about the surprising amount of time needed for upkeep of wildflower area - after a couple of years we planted bulbs in ours instead!
    The Cheshire Garden Design Studio thanked laudav
  • arubababe
    7 years ago

Wildflower looks stunning for a brief time and then looks rubbish for the rest of the year. It's ok if you have a huge garden.

The Cheshire Garden Design Studio thanked arubababe
  • PRO
    User
    7 years ago

Wildflowers are an excellent way to make use of otherwise derelict ground - whilst adding colour and intresti to an unused space

The Cheshire Garden Design Studio thanked User
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.