gordon_hulbert

Need help to carry a theme through a period house

gordon_hulbert
7 years ago

Got chintzy flowery red/brown on cream background curtains in the sitting room with a carpet (not chosen yet), dark brown leather settees, dark red upholstered chairs and red/brown/rust persian rug. This is off a large hall with oak floor which opens into a large dining room with the same oak floor. As this joins onto a kitchen with a pewter colour aga, grey limestone floor and kitchen cupboards which are Farrow and Ball green/blue colour we feel the need to tone the Dining room with this colour scheme. However as the sitting room is so different colour wise to the kitchen we are not sure what to do in the Hall and Dining room to ensure the colour theme flows throughout. The furnishings we have are generally country type antiques. Do we need to worry as to the sitting room being different colours to the rest of the house?

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.