hughjeffort

How to extend a single story from a shared pitched roof

hughjeffort
7 years ago

Hi

I am currently trying to get plans together for an extension to our 3 bed Victorian semi. We are extending double story on the side but wanted to come out at the back to incorporate the current toilet and utility room into one big space.

The problem is the roof. Currently there is a small pitched roof (See photo) that has a shared ridge with the neighbour. I need to come up with ideas for how the roof would work causing the least disturbance to next door. The planning authority have also said they would not like a flat roof.

The current summer room is to be demolished and a double story added, the single would then cover the back incorporating the toilet and utility.

My dilemma is how to finish the roof! We wanted full width bi-folds so drainage of a 'w' pitched roof becomes an issue.

Any advice as always much appreciated.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.